Oxford 97 in Doddridge Co

My wife and I have mineral rights that are part of the pooling agreement of well pad Oxford 97. We know that Noble drilled 8 laterals from it in 2015 but never fracked it and sold it to Antero. We saw 8 modifications on their permit last summer (2018) and understand that the wells have now been fracked. Last month I contacted Antero Owner Relations and after 7 days was told they were planning to drill this year. I responded immediately that I believe they were thinking of another well (and gave reasons) but I’ve not heard back from them in a month. We first signed in 2014, and I know that some in our pooling agreement have been waiting longer, but as they had to complete the fracking by Nov 2017, how long is a reasonable wait to receive a division order? Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Moved this over to West Virginia, Doddridge County. Knowledgeable folks on that part of the forum.

Do you know this website WV Office of Oil and Gas Permit Search site If you select Doddridge as the county and OXF97 as the well number you can see all the permit activity for those wells. Here is the well site WV Office of Oil and Gas well search Use same searches. From this you can see any production reported (a year lag between what happens and when reported and posted). There might still be some checking on title or something before they are ready for division orders. Antero typically sends an interest payment if there is a long delay between the first sales and sending out the royalty check. Some other sites to check using the10 digit API number 47017… found on the other sites downloads site from WV Geological and Economic Survey site WV Office of Oil and Gas Weekly Reports page In the middle of this page, near the bottom, you see a link to ApplicationXtender Instructions This explains how to use this. Then log in : To login to ApplicationXtender: User Name: DEP Password: DEP You can save this. Then go to the website and follow instructions. Lots of information, probably a lot more than you need or want but you might find some useful things there. And keep checking the Weekly Report for new information.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m grateful for this forum. - James

Thank you for so much useful information! Some I already use but most I didn’t know. I greatly appreciate it. I was also hoping to hear from someone else who is part of the Oxford 97 pooling agreement. Antero had some old and inaccurate contact info for us and although we updated it on their Owner Relations website, I can’t help but to be concerned when we’ve been waiting so long. Thanks again for the help. I can’t wait to dig in! Sincerely, James

James, are you paying county property tax in Doddridge county for this? You mentioned that you had to update your contact info with Antero. If you are on the tax rolls in Doddridge you need to update them as well. Doddridge county sheriff’s tax office website A couple more useful websites: Doddridge online records This is not complete for many of the earlier records (deeds, leases, etc) but is current for the recent ones and some of the older ones.

Doddrige county Roots Genealogy and family history site. Not complete but interesting.

I just realized you can search this site in the upper right corner, the magnifying glass. I put in Oxford 97 and found several older discussions. Might be something helpful, or some names to have anyway.

Thanks. I’ve read over those and their age and recent silence is what prompted me to start a new thread. I’m hoping in our pooling agreement may shed some light (i.e. - still waiting for their D.O. as well and I needn’t be concerned). Thanks for the great info. - James

…others in our pooling agreement…

Yes, we pay taxes on the mineral rights and the family home we have there. Thanks for asking, though. I use the tax id/platt to inquire online about permits with WV DEP, etc. I will be looking into these other sites you gave me. - James