Owner Registry Question

I keep getting letters from the Oklahoma Mineral Owner Registry. Is it a legit organization to be part of and is it actually used by the Oil industry to look up current heir info? The letter claims that any heirs of mineral rights may go unnoticed where the actual deed is on file. Both my parent (heir) and grandparents (original owner) have passed. Is there someone I should contact to update any information regarding that? It just seems this isn’t legit. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I’m a landman. I have never personally used it or heard of any other landman using it.

1 Like

I received the same thing and did not pay for it, but wondered if I should. My information is updated at the courthouse where my minerals are located, in the past they have not had an issue contacting me.

So the local county courthouse is where the updated info would need to be done? Or is it where the deed is located? I’d like to pursue having it updated.

Thanks again for your replies.

If your address or name has changed, you can file an affidavit with that information with the county where the property is located. You will need to include the legal description in the affidavit.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank you for the information.

It is 100% a scam. DO NOT send them money. If you need to update your information at the county clerk’s office do so with an Affidavit. NOBODY goes to this sham outfit for anything.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Is there a way to update the information online or does this have to be done in person? I live in California so I’d like it updated but it’s quite the distance.

File an affidavit of address change. Call the County Court Clerk’s office in the County where your minerals are located, and they can tell you how to get the form and file it.

No it can’t be done online. You need to locate a form, the county clerk or an abstractor may have one. You will complete the information, sign it, have it notorized and send to the county clerk along with a check for recording. Fees in Oklahoma are $18.00 for the 1st page & $2.00 for each additional page.

Be sure to keep a copy of everything and send by certified mail return receipt.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.