Owner registry in Texas?

Hi all! I am member of the Oklahoma mineral rights registry, but I also own minerals in Texas. Is there a similar registry for Texas owners? (want to make sure all correspondence is sent to current address - we moved recently) Thank you -

The best way to update your current address is to file a change of address form in the county your mineral interests are in.

Landmen will be checking the county courthouses. File in every county where you have mineral rights.

1 Like

Diesel and M_Barnes… Thanks so much for responding! I got the message - will have to contact individual counties for Texas. It is interesting that there is evidently no owner registry like there is in Oklahoma. would be a lot easier to keep everyone updated.

Do the same in Oklahoma. County courthouse is the official registry of records.

Listen to M Barnes. The landmen check the county courthouse for your address.

Janie- Do not send $$$ to the mineral registry. It IS A SCAM!

You can do your own Affidavit of Current Address, have it notarized, then file it of record with the county clerk. I think it costs $15 to file one page. Be sure to leave wide margins, a little more than 1/2 inch.
State you name, address, (phone # if you like) and that it is for MineraI Rights and give the legal description. If you have multiple tracts in that county you may list them all.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.