Hello, I am rather new at this site. I need to get a response for my situation. I own mineral rights from my late mother and father and was getting royalty payments in the state of Alabama. However, from my mother's mineral rights, the oil company indicated that I had been overpaid from her rights. Currently, I have not rec'd a payment from my father's royalties nor my mother's for over 6 months. The company indicated that they had frozen both accounts until the overpayment has been recovered. Now, I was unaware of this overpayment and only was told after making contact with the company inquiring about my missed payments. What recourse should I take? Your response will be much appreciated. Lilli Rollins


Dear Lilli,
I suggest that you go directly to the company and request in writing, return receipt, that they send you documentation to back up their claim(s) and a copy of their over payment check.

In your request, be sure to RE: both parent's names, all lease legal descriptions, and account numbers.

If it were me, I'd send a copy of their last correspondence along with your letter request to their Accounting Supervisor and Manager of Land Department. First, confirm that you have their correct mailing address.

Good luck,

closed #3