Our old lawyer missed some royalties that should have been transferred

My name is Rex J Patterson. When my dad’s old lawyer was transferring royalty interests from my Grandmother and Grandfather to my Mom and Dad, he missed some royalties in Caddo and possibly Carter Counties. My Grandfather’s and Grandmother’s names were Charles (aka Charley and Chas) Patterson and Nettie L. Patterson. They were transferred some royalty interests from my Great grandfather, James Earl Patterson in the mid 1950’s which were never transferred to my parents. I am looking for my relatives to find out what properties they were transferred and the legal description of them. My Great Aunt, Lottsee Patterson was transferred a portion of them. She was my Grandfathers sister. She got a portion of what the lawyer missed. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Try looking on www.okcountyrecords.com. It may not be digital that far back, but any filings are on paper in the county courthouse.

Real Property Official Records Search. This is a link for Caddo.

Most probate orders will include a clause for after discovered or omitted properties. If so a simple affidavit usually is all that is needed with the missing legal descriptions.

For Caddo County, limited records are here: https://www.uslandrecords.com/oklr/

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.