Others have filed claim to my grandfather's mineral rights and his brother's

Others have filed claim to my grandfather's mineral rights and his brother's.

How do I correct this and let the court know that we are living descendants?

Could you please explain what you mean?

Sure, my grandfather was Elzie Dunham and he had a twin Elmer Dunham. Both properties have affidavits filed by an individual I have never heard of, maybe a cousin I never knew. Mineral rights were passed down by their grandfather George Washington Dunham. How do I notify the courts that whoever did the filings is NOT a sole surviving heir?

I looked at those affidavits of heirship in the Wetzel county records. It sounds like the affiant, the one who signed the affidavit, was the daughter of Elzie Dunham, and thus your aunt? Do you know any other relatives of your grandfather?

I noticed that the affidavit, and the one for Elmer Dunham, were prepared by Chesapeake. You could use the format that was filed, and file your own affidavit saying that you knew his family, and list the ones you know. That would put your name there in case they need to find you.

My mother was the last surviving daughter of Elzie Dunham. She had one sister whose name was Bernetta Dunham Yates. I have no idea who the person filing the affidavit is, guess I need an attorney

Maybe the other was really a daughter in law or a granddaughter. Never a bad idea to have help from an attorney. Have you been contacted about leasing?

Wow I have located her family tree..her father was Osborne Dunham and no connection to our line, at all..Wow

Maybe time to file your own affidavit of heirship.