Osage Oil and Gas lease

I just received a oil and gas lease (paid up) from Osage Oil and Gas for 21-6N-4W. I was wondering if anyone else has received this lease and, if so, what your thoughts might be. I am not very good at reading a complicated lease and understanding it. Should I wait and see what the pooling order says before signing it?

I also was told by Casillas that they intend to drill 4 wells. Should I believe this? Will the OCC dictate this?

If your name and address are filed correctly in the county courthouse oil and gas area and associated with this section, you should have already received the OCC court case documents for both Ovintiv and Casillas who both want to drill in in this section. The cases were supposed to have been heard in early January. There are 18 cases in all. Do you know how to search the OCC OAP website? Casillas has a pooling hearing, so you really want to pay attention to that one as a 20 day clock starts once the order is given.

The lease will most likely need negotiation since the first draft is usually all in the operator’s favor and not in the mineral owner’s favor.

If you have not received any packets of paperwork, then come back and I will give you the contact info for the attorneys and you need to get on their lists pronto!

I have been checking the site you gave out earlier. Docket Results https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OAP.aspx

I see nothing on posted recently on Cause CD No. 202002016

Is this the right site? I did hear that the case has been delayed. But I’m not sure that is accurate.

BTW - I received a lot of info back in December from both parties. Both were just Applications.

I assume I am on the list. But if you will share the attorney list, I would much appreciate it.

All the cases were delayed until 1/19/20, so the results should be posted early next week as to whether they were delayed again or a ruling came out.

202002057 is the pooling case.

If you received the Applications then the attorney information is on the documents. So far, Casillas has NOT filed a pooling for Sections 21 or 28 for the new wells that they are proposing for the Woodford. The pooling Ms. Barnes is alluding to is a clean-up pooling for the original Indultado well, a Mississippi (Sycamore) well. Casillas will have to file a new pooling for the Woodford as there are many parties that were leased at the time of the original pooling and were no respondents to that pooling. Their leases contained depth clauses and therefore have expired below the base of the Mississippi (mostly). That is why you are getting a new lease offer from Osage who represents Casillas. They are wanting to lease your Woodford rights that are not subject to your original lease as the Indultado wellbore did not penetrate the Woodford formation.

Hope this helps.

Correct on the pooling case. The hearings were delayed until Jan 19, but the results have not been posted yet (as of this morning). Some protesting going on… so they may delay again.

Todd and Martha are always sources to be trusted. Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.