ORRI question

I have an ORRI with several producing Woodford wells. The operator is planing to drill the Springer. The WI owner has decided not to participate (at $18/bbl) in the upcoming well(s). Just wondering if my ORRI will be paid by operator for any future production.

JOHN- It depends on when the ORRI was carved out of the WI in relation to the pooling order, assuming there is one. I would still participate in the Springer wells, but that’s me.

At -$37 Oil, will take a long time to recover drilling cost, no matter how prolific the potential production. I hope today’s news will persuade operator to postpone drilling.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.