Operator refuses to explain how they calculated the decimal interest on division order

Operator refuses to explain how they arrived at the **decimal interest** on the division order they wish us to sign. I only doubted it after my landman came to a different conclusion.

The land description as written on an Exhibit in the division order shows all the tracks in the unit.

The operator will not tell us **which** of those tracks have our ORRI burden.

The operator won't tell us the amount of our ORRI (e.g. 4% etc)

The operator won't even tell us tell us something simple like the total acreage in the unit.

When I asked such questions I was told to look it up in the public records ourselves (which is exactly what we had already done and why we questioned it!). They refuse to consider our evidence (old Oil&Gas Assignments) saying they inherited the division of interests as they are from a previous operator (and that they don't have anyone to look into it for us).

Any suggestions?

This may be the only time I suggest a LAWYER, BUT ONLY IF THE INTEREST IS LARGE!

The oil production was on old wells was production per day was small. Interest difference was less than half a percent discrepancy. We took their word for it.

Matter settled.

Thanks for the reply John. I appreciate that.

not worth the trouble for that little.

re-read my reply to you.....my apology for sounding rather uncaring.....not uncaring, just trying to keep you from spending a lot to gain a little. sometimes a NICE call to the operator of the well WILL HELP!! and I would surely make the call. best to you! john

Hi John,

Not at all. I thought your reply was fine. Thanks for following up though. Very thoughtful of you.