Operator missed payment form Oil Co.

So, my dad operates a well and sells his oil to Company X. I noticed that we did not get paid for a tank last month that we had a ticket for (the price was around 15k), I wrote them an email and a few days later I followed up with a phone call. They just said, “yes, checks are being sent out today”, and almost seemed bothered. My dad had given a percentage to my sister and I and we had not gotten our check (direct deposit) for about a week after they had sent my dad’s check. When I called today, they said “yes they are doing the ACH transfer today.” Does this seem shady, they had already paid and ACH payment to a royalty owner who had called and inquired and it was a bank transfer, not like how they typically do it. I’m worried royalty owners might not get there pay on this unless they call them. Thanks, sorry so long.

Keep after them. If they do not pay within a few more days, then send a certified letter demanding payment. Return receipt so that you have proof you sent the demand. The holidays did slow things down a bit.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.