Online Lease/Deed images "Not Authorized" - how to get the images?

Hello, my father inherited mineral rights in Kern County for Section 34, Township 27 South, Range 23 East. I am helping my parents put their trust documentation in order. I came across copies of two letters from 2019 from PLLM, LLC on behalf of California Resources Corporation offering 5 year rental Oil & Gas leases. Both letters were addressed to different estates, in care of my father. It appears my parents did take one of the leasing options, which expires next year.

I’m trying to help him figure out what he actually owns.

The letters were addressed to two different estates. But shouldn’t the mineral rights have been probated? How do we get actual copies of the leases/deeds for the mineral rights to confirm ownership?

My online search came up with two document numbers, but under image availability it said “NOT AUTHORIZED”. The Grantors listed include my father and his now deceased siblings and two other deceased relatives, and also Oxy Petro, Inc. The grantees are one of the individual grantors (I need to check to see who this person is/was), and also Oxy Petro, Inc.

I appreciate your assistance!

Hello Johanna Ambrogi. I have access to Kern County documents via a subscription service. If you send the document numbers and your email address, I can pull them up and email them to you.

Send the info directly to Jean@Pledger.Law

1 Like

Thank you so much, email is coming!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.