One producing well and three more being drilled

Hello,

I currently own interest in a producing well in Mountrail County and am receiving royalty payments. When I heard that they may be drilling more wells I went to the nd.gov website and found that their are 3 additional wells in confidential status. I was told by a distant relative that more wells does not mean more money, can anyone confirm and explain this? I have tried to contact the oil company but the have failed to call me back. Also, is there anywhere I can go to find out when these wells will be released? I already tried nd.gov website and the information is blank.

Thank you,

Shannon

Shannon, where are you getting your information on these "confidential" wells ? Do you know that every well permit is confidential ? Many confidential wells on the GIS map server are just permits for wells which may never be drilled. If you get the file number from the Gis server map and find that well on the confidential list with a date when it comes off confidential, you can be sure that well has actually been drilled. Takes alot of the guesswork out of it. Hope this helps and that you are getting 3 more wells, which even if it isn't more oil, you at least wouldn't have to wait 30 years to get the most of it. I also think it could be more oil, there is a good chance that one of those wells could be targeting a different formation, so be of good cheer.

Shannon, any update on the new wells ?