Ominex Has Disappeared

Omimex disappeared. We have a lease with them up in Michigan and they were paying royalties. Then they shut the wheel in. Now, all phone numbers are disconnected and all of our emails bounce back.

If you believe itā€™s important, send them a certified letter.

Their office in Fort Worth has permanently closed so we donā€™t have an address. Iā€™ve searched online and called 10 phone numbers for Omimex Group/Omimex Resources/OminexEnergy in Texas & Michigan but all disconnected. We donā€™t know where to go from here. We just want to know what has happened here.I have search for bankruptcy filings as well as acquisitions to see if they merged and have a different name, but come up with nothing. I will send a certified letter to the last address and see what happens.

Welcome to the community. If you can provide details on the well, we can track if it has changed hands and possibly find an emergency contact number. DrillingInfo shows them to still operate some wells. There are a handful of people listed as current employees on LinkedIn you may reach out to as well.

1 Like

Yes, Kyndall we would appreciate it if you can help with that information! Well is Andrews 8-28, Oceana County, Michigan. I saw on a production website that the well is listed as currently producing but I donā€™t believe thatā€™s correct.

Thanks.

DrillingInfo shows it as an active well operated by Omimex Energy. There has not been any production reported since June 2023. Looking and the production overall, the last 10 years it has been a very minimal producer. They are likely just delaying the P&A process. I read that they were tied up in requesting money to properly plug wells in Colorado. They seem to operate a lot of ā€˜end of lifeā€™ wells, which is a pretty heavy liability right now. Your better play might be to request a release of leasehold, depending on the terms of your original lease. Either way, I would not expect to see any more revenue unless they sell to someone who will rework the well.

I sent them certified letter to the last known address and they just came back in the mail today as ā€œunable to forwardā€ā€¦.