Old, unfiled deed

I have found in my deceased wife’s papers and old (1934) mineral interest deed made out to her father.he property is

5 acres of land out all and part of the north want to half of the William Wells league of women, and being more particularly described as follows:

The west one-half of Lot No. 36, containing five acres of land…in the Shady Dale Subdivision, as shown by…map…recorded in Volume , Page 82 of the Map Records of…Montgomery County.

I have no idea where this is located, or whether it is worth pursuing. The mineral interest is only 1/16 for 5 nma.

Does it make sense for me to record this deed, along with affidavits and will?

Help, please.

Jim Brock

You should consult an experienced landman or attorney to determine how best to update the ownership. But yes, you need to update it to reflect current ownership to claims any royalties in suspense and/or future royalties/sales proceeds.

Yeah, I know how to update it. I did it in San Jacinto County. But is a 1/16 interest in 5 nma worth the trouble if there is not any activity on or near the site. That is the judgment question. Do you have any info on that? And what city is this near?

Hey Jim. Can U give me a Section, Block and/or Abstract number. If there is production in the area it could be worth a few dollars to you.

Clint Liles

Clint: Wish I could. As I have posted, I don’t have much info other than what I said. Old deeds are a pain in the neck. I guess I can get the clerk to make me a copy of the page reference. Thanks, anyhow. Jim