Oklahoma County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thank you Mr Richard

WEHLU QUESTIONS. If you are within the West Edmond Hunton Lime Unit which includes portions in Oklahoma, Canadian and Kingfisher counties like I am, you have been deprived of your Just due rights for several years and only paid a pittance of the production due you. The Oil companies got away with this by illegally getting the OCC to approve the unit even though there never was a meeting or vote of the majority of mineral rights owners in the proposed unit as required. I would like to see a class action suite to throw the bums out and eliminate the WEHLU. All those who participate would then receive back the unencumbered mineral rights they had before the unit was formed back in the 1940s. If you haven't gotten your leases already at least released below the Hunton, request it from the WEHLU company in Edmond OK. like I have. That way if any deep activity takes place at least you will have lease free mineral rights. They will have to re-lease from you and you can and should be able to get a substantial lease bonus and a portion much higher than the paltry 1/8 you are getting from the WEHLU. now. The real need is to get the WEHU dissolved and get everything back. Any suggestions or comments?

Dirk: ORRIs do not transfer any legal title anyway. They are an overriding interest on well payouts and paid by the oil company to the person holding an ORII, who is usually a lease man who obtained the lease for the oil company. They do not affect the mineral rights owner and he still gets the amount due in his lease.

Liz: Good luck on getting the spacing changed after the OCC has approved it. You need a geologist to prove that the spacing is not in the best interest to drain the field. If you can do that before the approval you have a chance. There is no doubt in my mind that this kind of spacing is to the detriment of the mineral rights owner

Is the Wehlu included in the Chesapeake lawsuit?

Which Chesapeake law suite are we talking about? I have had more of Chesapeake than I can stand, or Cheep a peek, as we call them. If we are talking about the suite to get them to pay back all their mineral owners for post production costs they charged to the mineral owners, I need to be in on that.

I have corresponded with WEHLU several times. They are the Unitzation authority for the West Edmond Hunton Lime Unit, which only covers the Hunton Lime Sand, WEHLU, which I believe was ILLAGALLY approved by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission back several years ago, since it was not approved by a majority of the mineral owners, as required . I have their mailing address and Email address.

If 44 wells are posed to be drilled in the WEHLU and I have no doubt that they will drill them sooner or later as they themselves estimate that only about 1/3 of the reservoir has been drained those of who are in the WEHLU now, will be cheated out of signing bonuses and present day production amounts. As it is, WEHLU holds the leases on all levels, not just the Hunton Lime and only pays an amount from the WEHLU production determined by their formulation. This is a considerable amount that will be a loss to us. For example, I have a still producing well on one quarter just outside the WEHLU on just 40 acres, in the hunton lime sand, that has produced over $1M to the mineral rights owners. This is right next to a WEHLU well in the next quarter, same sand, that has produced little to nothing to us, the same mineral rights owners, although its' production is very comparable to our other one. The mineral rights owners of those 44 that may be produced, better get ready to receive a very little of those wells production, if they don't do something about it now!! If you or somebody you know is a WEHLU mineral rights owner, please have them contact me including any lawyers, that right I said lawyers especially. We need to do something NOW. Jack at equity25@aol.com

OCC Meeting. The OCC is having a meeting for a one day workshop in Cape Coral Fl on Sept 26, 2015. Looks good for all mineral rights owners. I am going to bring up the WEHLU problem. Please contact me at equity25@aol.com to help me with any input. John Larkin

See my comment below. I am leaving for the Work Shop. Send me an e-mail if your are interested in having your subject brought up at the Workshop. equity25@aol.com. This workshop is for any and all Oklahoma mineral rights owners. John Larkin

See comments under Kingfisher County for results od OCC Workshop attendance. John

Mineral owners:

www.okenergytoday.com provides daily Completion Reports and Permits to Drill on the left hand column under the same name.

All other well information for your county including Spud Reports, ownership changes, permits to re-drill, etc, can be found under Royaltiy Owners Corner, also on the left side.

If you wish to subscribe to our free Daily Email Newsletter, click on the Subscribe button

Oklahoma County sw/4 of section 17-11n-1e is available to be leased. please contact me if you are interested in leasing Shauna Bishop, 919.279.0146