Oklahoma Attorney that doesn't represent Camino

I’m looking for an attorney that could help me collect my bonus for a Camino well that just went into production.

You can observe qualified professionals (often with localized expertise) who provide services to mineral owners right here on The Mineral Rights Forum. You will notice them among 3 different instances on the site:

• in display image ads and/or brief text messaging on site

• in our Mineral Service Provider Directory in the main navigation above. These are arranged by professional discipline.

• as a Business Member participating in many conversations throughout the site (note the blue colored “B” on their picture and blue text on their posts).

These practitioners are often able to provide the specific (and often localized) services that meet your needs.

The Mineral Rights Forum Administration

Are you trying to collect lease bonus money or revenue from the producing well for minerals that you own? The first thing I would mention is to make sure your correct contact information is filed in the County Clerk’s office against the tract of land where you own the minerals. Once that is done, provide Camino with that information.

I’m trying to collect the bonus that was offered when the pooling took place.

Have you supplied them with a W-9 form? Or contacted them to see why you haven’t been paid the bonus? It could be you were pooled for curative reasons or you don’t have marketable title and need to do some title clean-up before they will pay you. I would suggest sending them a certified letter, return receipt, asking them these same questions.

I have two seperate parcels of land in the same section that I own mineral rights on. Parcel A has an OGL with TPR that was signed 2018. I obtained the Parcel B after the OGL with Parcel A was finalized. Parcel B is unleased but Camino is saying that it is held by the OGL on Parcel A because of the Mother Hubbard clause that is in Parcel A OGL. I have recieved division orders for both parcels.

C- Without seeing the OGL, look and see if it contains what we call “an after acquired title clause” or language. Being a landman for 40 years, that happens more than mineral owners ever realize. If the OGL contains the MH clause, they don’t owe you any bonus, IMHO.

This is what they are going off of…

1. It is the intent of the Lessor to lease, and Lessor does hereby grant, demise, lease and let unto Lessee, all oil and gas, as defined herein owned by Lessor in Section 28 , Township 10 North, Range 07 West, _____ County, Oklahoma, whether or not properly and completely described herein. In the event it is determined that Lessor actually owns more net mineral acres than that assumed by the parties in the calculation of lease bonus and paid by Lessee, Lessor and Lessee agree that Lessee shall pay Lessor for such additional net acreage at the same bonus price per acre agreed upon for the execution of this oil and gas lease. Likewise, in the event it is determined that Lessor owns less net acres, or it is determined that Lessor’s acreage is currently leased under a prior oil and gas lease, then the Lessor agrees to reimburse Lessee for the bonus per acre paid for the acreage not owned by Lessor or under the prior oil and gas lease.

You can try:Cody McPherson Mahaffy & Gore, 405-236-0478 300 NE 1st street, Oklahoma City, OK He is really good, I have used him for years and he has always done a great job.

Don’t know about Cody McPherson, but would run away from Mahaffey. He could be classified as a snake. He was my lawyer, only to send me an email on a Sunday night stating he was withdrawing from my case only to sue me on Monday morning. He lost bigley, spending over 2.00 million to get a judgement of 40K. LOL. Goes to show some lawyers can be worth a dime a dozen.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.