Okfuskee county oklahoma

I am seeking advice on this section 10 Township 13N Range 8E 40 acres in Okfuskee county, Oklahoma.

Can anyone tell me anything about Hacienda Resources or Scissortail Energy?

I can't find a number for Hacienda. I would appreciate any info on the above mentioned.

Hi Patty, My aunt signed a lease recently with Scissortail (this is for Okfuskee County). I think there are several postings about various experiences with both of these organizations in this county. If you can be more specific about the advice you need, I'll bet you will get the specific assistance from the more experienced people who are part of this community on the forum. Good luck!

Hacienda, which I believe is a fairly new company, has "downsized" and wasn't offering any new leases as of January 2015. I received a letter from them dated 1/19/15 that "rescinded" all in-progress lease offers--*after* they had filed (at the Okfuskee courthouse) a lease I signed with them in November 2014. I assumed they wanted to rescind that lease, because I hadn't yet received a bonus check. That's not a good practice, to file a lease before paying the bonus. I tried to contact company head Jason Lowry several times by phone and email during January and February, and didn't get a reply. Finally, after sending a rather threatening email in early March, he replied by phone. We did get the bonus check, but it was sent a couple of months later than most companies send bonus checks.

Oddly enough, Hacienda is now looking to *buy* mineral interest; I got another call from Lowry last week--he said they want to "become a participant" in Okfuskee. I told him we aren't selling.

Hacienda caused me some nervousness I'm not used to in the leasing process, and I'd be cautious in dealing with them.

The contact person I've spoken to for our lease and producing tract with Scissortail, John Findley, has been very helpful, and Scissortail appears to be an established company.

My mother died in 1991 (one of six children) and I inherited her mineral rights left to her. No probate was needed when she passed away and there was no will. I'm sure that the rights are still in her name at the county courthouse. I understand that I would need to have her rights transferred into my name. (not quite sure what that entails) I have never looked into what I could do with these mineral rights (also 150 ac in creek co) because I assumed it was necessary that all surviving relatives would need be notified if rights were leased or sold. As you can see I am quite the novice. I just would like advice on who would be the best to guide me in the right direction.

Thank-you, Patty

Wow Angela, that is almost exactly what happened to us in Hughes County with Great Sky Partners. Filed the leases, in November 2014, and then cancelled the leases in January 2015, and filed a release. No bonus paid. Did Hacienda actually file a release of your lease?

Patty, do you know if the mineral rights are producing now?

I do not know. I guess it is possible since there are cousins that also inherited the mineral rights from my mother's siblings. How do you find out?

I just signed leases with Scissortail Energy. $350.00 per net mineral acre for a primary term of 3 years with a 2 year option to extend at a 125% renewal (being $455.00 per net mineral acre), all with a three-sixteenth (3/16th) royalty. They appaear to paying the Market rate in Okfuskee county, Oklahoma.

Another company offer was half that of Scissortail Energy. Scissortail is an old company. My father had dealings with them 30 years ago.

Patty,

I tried returning your call yesterday. Some quick answers, without a will your Mother's estate will be passed under Oklahoma Intestate Succession laws. You can fill out an file an Affidavit of Death and Heirship (there are a couple names for this document). It is not a conveyance of title but for your purposes it would work. It will also allow you to put in contact information for you and your siblings so that leasing agents can get a hold of you. You can also look at this link http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/oklahoma-probate-shortcuts-32012.html which outlines some other options including a quick probate.

Let me know if you have other questions, you can email me at conchojobs@gmail.com or call me at the number you called before.

Barbara:

Turns out the letter regarding our lease being rescinded was sent to us in error...Hacienda was rescinding all outstanding lease offers that hadn't yet been signed. Getting in touch with someone from Hacienda to find out our lease was still valid took a long time, though, and caused me undue worry. All I wanted was a return phone call or email to let me know everything was okay with our lease and the bonus check was coming.

Good communication is everything! Maybe Hacienda is finding that out.

Angela

B Haney said:

Wow Angela, that is almost exactly what happened to us in Hughes County with Great Sky Partners. Filed the leases, in November 2014, and then cancelled the leases in January 2015, and filed a release. No bonus paid. Did Hacienda actually file a release of your lease?

Patty, do you know if the mineral rights are producing now?

Troy, Thank-you so much for this information. There are no other siblings, my only brother has passed away. I may have to call you later. I will go to the website and read first. Thanks again, Patty

Troy Curtis said:

Patty,

I tried returning your call yesterday. Some quick answers, without a will your Mother's estate will be passed under Oklahoma Intestate Succession laws. You can fill out an file an Affidavit of Death and Heirship (there are a couple names for this document). It is not a conveyance of title but for your purposes it would work. It will also allow you to put in contact information for you and your siblings so that leasing agents can get a hold of you. You can also look at this link http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/oklahoma-probate-shortcuts-3... which outlines some other options including a quick probate.

Let me know if you have other questions, you can email me at conchojobs@gmail.com or call me at the number you called before.

I have just sent a “revised” (edited) lease to get approval from Scissortail. $300 per mineral acre bonus with 3/16 royalty with 2 yr extension option of $355 per mineral acre with 3/16 royalty. We will see what they say.

Paula, what section is that lease in?

Sec 7 Twp12N Rge 9E, Okfuskee County, OK