Oil wells

I am a mineral rights owner, there are four wells that are producing and I get royalty checks. I am interested in following the oil wells production, any ideas?

Linda

Linda,

What state are you talking about? The production should be on the check stubs, are you just trying to audit the operator(s)? If not explain what you mean by "following the oil wells production".

Linda:

If your wells are located in Oklahoma, I would contact the OCC (Oil and Gas Division) at 405-521-2302 and request the procedure on getting this information from their website.

If they are in Oklahoma, the OCC may not be of much help. They should have gas production. Oil production "may" be obtainable by searching the imaged documents here. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGProd.aspx Success will very much depend on the purchaser and the operator. I've had very limited success in finding what I needed.

The Oklahoma Tax Commission has better records but they are not available on-line. Depending on your request they may send you the data or have you submit a request with payment. (or somewhere in between).

Thank you for answering. The wells are in Alfalfa county, Oklahoma. I know how much they are producing, it is on the stub or what ever you call it, I would like to know before the check arrives, maybe that is not possible, I don't live in Oklahoma so I can't go look at the well. I find mineral rights ownership very interesting. I can't ever find a map of the wells, I thought you could see anything on a map.

Rick Howell said:

If they are in Oklahoma, the OCC may not be of much help. They should have gas production. Oil production "may" be obtainable by searching the imaged documents here. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGProd.aspx Success will very much depend on the purchaser and the operator. I've had very limited success in finding what I needed.

The Oklahoma Tax Commission has better records but they are not available on-line. Depending on your request they may send you the data or have you submit a request with payment. (or somewhere in between).

Linda:

The operator may have a royalty owner section on their website. If so, you should be able to activate this information from their website a bit sooner than your check stub arrives. I do exactly that with our stubs and Marathon is the operator. Their website does have a royalty owners section and this info is posted about a week before the stub arrives.

Thank you for answering. The wells are in Alfalfa county, Oklahoma. I know how much they are producing, it is on the stub or what ever you call it, I would like to know before the check arrives, maybe that is not possible, I don't live in Oklahoma so I can't go look at the well. I find mineral rights ownership very interesting. I can't ever find a map of the wells, I thought you could see anything on a map.

Rick Howell said: