Oil well ownership research

I uncovered a letter to my mother dated 2011 about a lease in Garvin Co. I contacted them stating that in 2016 we had filed and transferred all known leases and mineral rights from my mother and father to us 3 heirs. We did submit all heirship etc. papers to them too. This company states we are in pay status yet has not issued any monies nor any supporting paperwork with well location etc. They suggested I go to county records for information on the well listed as Elder Well 1-16. Honestly I don’t know where to begin on that part. They keep saying they are working on it but really? Any suggestions as to how to get them to produce the back revenue and paperwork?

What is the section, township and range? Is it 16-4N-1W? Are you dealing with Urban Oil & Gas or Coffeyville? That well was drilled in 1999 in the NE4 of NW4 of the section. Does that match the lease? You can find the well on the OCC wellrecords website. Here is the completion. Test (main site)

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/00000018/OCC_OG_3H2N3S1_1GP3UUA.pdf (completion)

Deka sold it to Urban Oil & Gas Group LLC in 2011. It is a low producing well with only a cumulative total of 22,414 bbl of oil. Do you have a Division Order from your parents? Do you know how many acres your parents owned? If you are certain about title and have deeds to back it up, I suggest that you send a certified letter return receipt requested and demand payment and statutory interest payments and see if that gets you anywhere. It won’t be much money since the production is so low.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.