Oil royalty inheritance

Mineral interest in 26.6 acres of land, H. H. Hall Survey, A-414, San Augustine County, Texas, - being Unit Tract 7 of the Miners Unit.

I’m just now doing some poking around on this. I’ve received offers to sell and I know my mom signed a lease agreement ages ago. I know that some of them are only active arrangements for a few years. I guess I’m here to gain any kind of knowledge that I can lay my paws on.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I think the survey you are referring to is A-404 rather than A-414. The other thing that is confusing is that some places that survey is referred to as the W.H. Hall Survey instead of the H.H. Hall, but I think that has to be the one you are talking about since it contains the Miner Unit.

Attached below should be the Railroad Commission map of the area around the H.H. Hall Survey and the plat of the XTO Miner Unit. Hopefully you will be able to enlarge the plat so you can see the area near the bottom right that is marked as tract #7, and is identified in the ownership breakdown at the bottom of the plat as 26 acres. I’m thinking that is the area where your mother’s mineral interest is located.

Obviously there is a lot of activity in that area. Definitely wouldn’t consider selling it until you had thoroughly researched what is happening there.

San Augusttine - XTO Miners Unit.pdf (920.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate your help Dusty. This was the information that the landman had for me. I’ll keep both sets of information. I’ve received a few offers to sell and most of them felt low. This helps me to understand the value of what I own.

Again thank you.

1 Like