Oil leases in Fisher County

Does anyone know what is behind the flurry of oil and gas leaseing that is currently taking place in Fisher and Scurry Counties?

Can someone tell me what the lease rates in Fisher County are? I was offered what appears to be a very low offer of $150/mineral acre and 16% roylty.

Kreg Harrison said:

Can someone tell me what the lease rates in Fisher County are? I was offered what appears to be a very low offer of $150/mineral acre and 16% roylty.

I just received an offer of 3/16 royalty, 3 yr, $155/acre bonus on a very oil co. friendly lease. That seems quite low to me since I am seeing royalties at 25 % and $250 per acre two counties west in Dawson Co. Also, we have been leasing in Oklahoma for 25% for the last 3 yrs.

Gentleman James said:

Kreg Harrison said:

FYI I got an BS offer for 16% royalty $50 per ac. 5yr lease for 2100 ac. south of Sylvester. The word needs to get out that that aint happining.

My family has been contacted by an energy company out of Ft. Worth regarding ratifying a lease on land in Fisher County that my family owned at one time. We no longer own that land, but do own the oil, gas, and mineral rights. My sisters and I have inherited our fathers share upon his death. We had no knowledge of this until our Uncle told us he had been contacted by this company and they would be getting in touch with us. Has anyone heard or had contact with Four Oaks Energy in Ft.Worth. I've not been able to find much info about them online. We are not comfortable with this ratification agreement when we don't know what the lease says. It says we've been paid something when we haven't, and I'm not susre what we are agreeing to. Our Uncle says he didn't even read it, he just signed it and sent it back. I'm worried about a scam or signing away our rights completely.

Kenna, you need professional help with that lease. It would be crazy to sign it if you don't understand it. Absolutely do not sign something that says you have been paid when you haven't. Some stuff you could just line through with a sharpie and write what should be there, but really you need help with the fine print. You can ask questions here what phrases or sentences mean, and we can tell you the usual meaning of same, but a lease has to be looked at as a whole, to be certain you understand the true meaning. Don't sign it, get help.

Kenna Neel said:

My family has been contacted by an energy company out of Ft. Worth regarding ratifying a lease on land in Fisher County that my family owned at one time. We no longer own that land, but do own the oil, gas, and mineral rights. My sisters and I have inherited our fathers share upon his death. We had no knowledge of this until our Uncle told us he had been contacted by this company and they would be getting in touch with us. Has anyone heard or had contact with Four Oaks Energy in Ft.Worth. I've not been able to find much info about them online. We are not comfortable with this ratification agreement when we don't know what the lease says. It says we've been paid something when we haven't, and I'm not susre what we are agreeing to. Our Uncle says he didn't even read it, he just signed it and sent it back. I'm worried about a scam or signing away our rights completely.

Hey guys, is anybody out there in Fisher County Still unleased? I noticed Devon is hitting Fisher county pretty heavy. Not sure if they have multiple companies leasing for them or not but I guess we will see.

I have been working in the panhandle lately and have been out of touch. I have a quarter section just east of hwy 70 but have not been contacted by anyone. According to the map, I am well inside the present east edge.