Oil Lease Offer

Can anyone advise? I do not think this is a good offer but I am uncertain what to do. There are so many people included in this that I might not be able to do any better. This seems like a really bad offer and not worth paying any attorney to try to get more. Suggestions? Thanks!

What’s the County and State? Also what’s the section township and range of your mineral interest?

VanZandt and Smith county in Texas. This is in and around Mineola, Texas. I have only small portion of mineral rights, no surface. Unfortunately I do not know the answers to the rest. I’m not sure what section township and range of mineral rights means. Can you explain more please? Thanks!

The lease offer usually (although not always in Texas) contains a property description or the section, township, and range in the County you are located in. I do not have any knowledge of the two Counties you refer to so can’t give you any further information. I thought Tyler was in Smith county but I may be wrong. Are you saying your interest is in BOTH these Counties.?

You need to provide more information regarding your interest.

The legal description is probably Survey, Block and Section and there should also be an abstract number. You will not find the Section, Township and Range legal descriptions like in Oklahoma.

Your interest appears to be in East Texas. Tyler is county seat of Smith County. Van Sant County is to the NW of Smith County. Mineola is in Wood County.