Oil Lease offer from Pointer Oil

We have received a lease offer for $500 per acre bonus and 3/16 royalties for our holdings in sections 5 & 6-4S-1E from a Ryan Newport I think he said he is a Land man with Pointer Oil. I looked at the Carter County clerks records (Just the free part) and it looks like Continental is doing the leasing down in that area. I was just curious if anyone else has had any offers recently. $500 per acre and 3/16 royalties is what we got during the last and only lease we have ever had on the holdings in that area, in 2014. I know for a while things were pretty thin on the leasing front down there, and I have read a few of the topics in the form where people are getting about the same offers. I was just curious if anyone had gotten anything better. We will ask for depth released clauses and release from any cleanup associated with environmental damage. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Chuck E.

Continental is generally looking to drill horizontal wells. I always ask about 1/5th and 1/4 just to see what they say. I do not see any recent leases in those sections (using two different sources). I see some in 4S-1W. If you have not leased recently, I suggest that you find a good oil and gas attorney to look at the draft lease. Most of the recent leases I have seen have needed about ten changes to the main body of the lease and ten to the Exhibit A. Draft leases are almost always in the favor of the operator and not the minerals owner. You do not want post production charges of any kind. (one of the 20 items to check).

Our family owners of the undivided minerals in Sec 6 4S 1 E have received an offer from Ryan Newport representing Pointer Oil & Gas, LLC matching the offer that wildstar1063 received. We cannot find Pioneer Oil anywhere. They are not listed as a operator in the OCC listing and they are asking to mail the lease to a title company. Why so? One of our family members has an attorney friend looking at the offer. It is near what Bearcat leasing for Contitnetal Resources paid back in 2015. Ryan Newport’s LinkedIn portfolio lists him as a Medicare & Health Benefits advisor/Landman/ Principle Momentum Properties/Principal-Dark Horse energy Parners, LLC. Any comments?

There is a Pointer Oil and Gas LLC listed in Bethany, OK. Been in existence since Jan 21, 2022 according to Bizapedia. They may not be an operator, but an agent buying/leasing for someone else or for themselves. Wise to have an attorney look into the situation.

I have been contacted as well. I was not a fan of some of the contract provisions and had an attorney review. Sent back some modifications about2 weeks ago but haven’t heard back.

Same concern with the newness. The attorney said the same thing as Martha.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.