Oil industry activity

I have mineral interests in 15-12N-7W of Canadian County and am interested to learn what activity is currently occurring.

I do not see any pending permits for your section, but Camino has infill drilling just to the north of you in sections 3/10. If your name and address are properly filed in the county courthouse, then you will receive notice of any OCC cases. You have two horizontal wells that were drilled by Paloma Resources in 2022. If you are not in pay, you need to contact them.

Ms. Barnes, regarding your response to tstafford reference mineral rights in Canadian County. I have mineral rights in sections 3/10 - 12n- 07w.

. Perhaps you can tell me what “infill drilling” means.

Thank you,

Ron Doke

Welcome to the forum.

In many cases, an operator will drill a single horizontal well to hold a section or two or three by production. They will do this in many sections to cover the leasing that they had done. They may come back later and infill the section with additional drilling. Picture a cigar box with one well on the far left side of the box. They may come back in fill in the rest of the cigar box with additional wells (cigars) both in the same zone or above and below the original well depending upon how many reservoirs are present.

Many times, mineral buyers will send out mass mailings to nearby mineral owners when they see the OCC cases for increased density. They want to buy ahead of the bit and snap up the future royalties.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.