Oil & Gas Mineral Lease Basics

Greetings to whomever can help in this subject. Is there a place that can give some simple basics as to how to learn to manage Oil & Gas Minerals? Something that might have bullet points, or some simple steps to first time owners taking over managing inherited Oil & Gas Minerals? Thanks in advance. This forum is full of amazing people so willing to help.

A good place to start are the oil and gas articles available for free online by Judon Fambrough at the Texas A&M Real Estate Center.

You can start with the Mineral Help tab above. Depending upon your state, there are several references out there. The National Association of Royalty Owners is an excellent group that holds conventions, townhalls, webinars on various topics relating to mineral ownership.

Ask tons of questions!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your response.

Wonderful! Thanks for the helpful hint for the Mineral Help Tab…gratitude!! We are members of NARO, we love it!! I haven’t visited the website in a while. I’ll go back in and do some reading.

Do you know if they ever got a pdf version of our meeting in OKC in May 2022? We had to miss a couple of sessions and I was told there would be a print out of all the sessions available to those who attended, but last i checked, nothing was available.

Thanks so much for your help, once again! Your time, knowledge and willingness to help us is so appreciated!

Call the office at NARO and ask where to find the handouts.

I just posted my power point that I gave at the October US meeting US in Tulsa. Tips for organizing your mineral data in the 21st century

I will do that!! Awesome!! Thank you so very much!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.