Oil & Gas Lease

My family has 1000 acres in Lavaca County that we are negotiating for oil & gas lease. The property is located between Yoakum & Shiner; about 1 mile to the right off Hwy 95 where Hwy 95 & Hwy 77 branch. Anyone know what the going is for bonus per acre, royalty %, length of lease for this area. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Guessing $1200-1500/acre on either a 3 year or 3 year w/ 2 year option. Just a guess. You mind me asking who is making the offer in that area?

Chad, I would rather wait for awhile before I disclose who offered. I appreciate your input and you are right on with the offer.

Chad Leonard said:

Guessing $1200-1500/acre on either a 3 year or 3 year w/ 2 year option. Just a guess. You mind me asking who is making the offer in that area?

Karen,
My wife & I own small acreage property north of Shiner along Hwy 95. I leased w/ Penn Virginia, however I am aware of other operators such as Sanchez, EOG, SABINE OIL & GAS and probably many more. I agree with Chad as to going rates for initial lease option.

Additionally, you may already know that the initial negotiation while important for “BONUS DOLLARS” , i personally know the importance of good faith negotiations as they relate to the main directive of getting operator to drill. Your owning large acreage to my understanding simply means “NO POOLING REQUIRED”? If you own 100% of the minerals you are in a enviable position. :slight_smile:

You biggest question open for negotiation will be royalty %? With the 18-21% royalties you are looking at $$$$$$.$$! I’m sure you already know this. As is frequently said by children today, OMG!

Hire a O&G ATTORNEY let them negotiate & relieve the STRESS!

BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE, MILES

Thank you for your advice.

Miles said:

Karen,
My wife & I own small acreage property north of Shiner along Hwy 95. I leased w/ Penn Virginia, however I am aware of other operators such as Sanchez, EOG, SABINE OIL & GAS and probably many more. I agree with Chad as to going rates for initial lease option.

Additionally, you may already know that the initial negotiation while important for "BONUS DOLLARS" , i personally know the importance of good faith negotiations as they relate to the main directive of getting operator to drill. Your owning large acreage to my understanding simply means "NO POOLING REQUIRED"? If you own 100% of the minerals you are in a enviable position. :)

You biggest question open for negotiation will be royalty %? With the 18-21% royalties you are looking at $$$$$$.$$! I'm sure you already know this. As is frequently said by children today, OMG!

Hire a O&G ATTORNEY let them negotiate & relieve the STRESS!

BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE, MILES

I am looking for 5-10 acres to buy or lease to possibly place an swd on the property along 95. Would you be interested?

CR173 and hwy77a area I heard last week its going for 3400 to 3500 even was told the st mary's area also. Can't say for real but even heard 5000 around shiner that's crazy.

Couple of people I know were negotiating trying to get more than $4000 in the Shiner area. Too bad my lease is locked in for two more years.

Already leased. thanks
Timothy Terry said:

I am looking for 5-10 acres to buy or lease to possibly place an swd on the property along 95. Would you be interested?

We got 5,000 for 3 years. Very good lease.
J. Michal said:

Couple of people I know were negotiating trying to get more than $4000 in the Shiner area. Too bad my lease is locked in for two more years.

James, I have half mineral rights on 120 ac. at the corner of 531 and 306, also on 307 east of Mt Olive. I would love to discuss your situation and mine either by email or phone. If your are interested in discussing this, contact me. One lease with a 2 year extension option was just exercised and the other lease at Mt Olive expired without exercising the 2 yr. option. I don’t live in Lavaca County.
512-924-1474 or ejjoyce1@verizon.net