Oil & gas lease

my 3 year lease with xto has just expired on our sect 30 and sect 29 t-4 south range 3 east on our 220ac this has app been going on for the past 70years i must admit i am getting tired of this we know there is oil and gas there. any advise on this would be appreciated thanks sid eby

Sidney,

You may find this interesting. I am afraid you are not in the best part of that Township. Look on Page 15. Structure Map of the Woodford. You are under the E in Carter-Between two faults and heading into deep Woodford (blue) graben (otherwise known as a deep hole), so generally shallower areas are drilled first. The fields are in the red shallow areas. If they ever drill, likely to be gas. The Woodford is pretty thick, but in a bad spot for you.

http://www.ogs.ou.edu/pdf/GSPartyS.pdf

thanks for the info sid

M. Barnes,

I’m in sec 30 3S 3E. It looks like there is a fault line running diagonally, NW to SE across this section. We have a well running Up the East side of the section (HOBBS 1-30H) and a second well in the NE corner heading into sec 24 3S 2E. Both wells are producing g, but Hobbs has had a lot of issues and has been shut down 2 or 3 monts of the year. Y

The fault could be part of the problem, or it just could be a mechanical problem especially if it is an older well. Is it a Woodford well or another reservoir?

Daniel Thompson said:

M. Barnes,

I'm in sec 30 3S 3E. It looks like there is a fault line running diagonally, NW to SE across this section. We have a well running
Up the East side of the section (HOBBS 1-30H) and a second well in the NE corner heading into sec 24 3S 2E.
Both wells are producing g, but Hobbs has had a lot of issues and has been shut down 2 or 3 monts of the year.
Y

M. Barnes,
The Hobbs well was completed around 2010. One off the things XTO did was to Install a gas lift, but later they shut it down again, don’t know the reason. The well is in the Woodford.

I don't know the particulars for that well, but gas lift early on indicates that the well needed some help.

2010 indicates that it was early in the Woodford cycle and maybe the frac job wasn't as good as the ones they do now. Also the majority of the Woodford production is in the first four years, then pretty low but predictable after that for geologic and physical reasons. Maybe they will come back and lay another well down beside it like they are doing in the SCOOP. This is a different basin so they may drill it a little differently. You don't have as much non-faulted room in your section.

The XTO offer to buy was the highest offer I’ve received, I think it was over $5,700/acre. Maybe they are planning something down the road. Exxon has told XTO to move to more “fluide” ares, so it is pretty quite in that T/R right now. XTO is mainly drilling over in to Johnston county to the East.

"Drill oil" is pretty much the mandate across the oil companies, although with the new ruling for exporting condensate, that is good for a big swath of OK, since the condensate comes up with the wetter gas.

Good luck!