Oil & Gas lease Marquez, TX

I have minerals in Leon County TX. Surprise Valley Resources wants us to sign a lease 1/5 Royalty for 3 year lease with a 2 year option to extend. They are now offering $350/mineral acre (was $300 offer in March). Neighbors across the road were paid $450/mineral acre bonus. We will ask for that price when we sign. We have signed years ago. I own the land also. A well pad was made right across my fence line years ago, so I don’t know if thats where they will drill. We were told it will be natural gas. We have a pipeline crossing our property already. Any advice on who to contact for lease review or guidance? How do I find out if there is new drilling or applications in the area? Are there provisions you can put in the lease to inform you of what is being planned, what company you are working with etc? Sorry so long. Thanks for any information and guidance.

1 Like

Cheryl, I received your inquiry because of my previous Leon Co. posts. I regret that, personally, I have no guidance at this time. I’m part of a family group that owns Leon Co. mineral rights only and we’ve not had contracts or offers for several years. This website does have previous helpful postings on how to find out if there is new drilling or applications in the area. The site is also monitored by well-informed people who may be able to guide you–so stay tuned in. Welcome to the Forum and I appreciate the information you shared. I’ll be watching for replies to your post.

1 Like

Cheryl use this link to find submitted or approved permits for all countiies in Texas. http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do The Railroad Commission District # for Leon County is District 5

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.