Oil/Gas lease Gaines County

Any new activity moving into this area? Gaines County-Labor 10,League 291,Lynn CSL Survey,Ab 966. Have not had a lease for about 3 years now.

@David_Janak not much in your section since 2021 when there was a lot of leasing. Those leases are still active. I don’t know the terms of your lease, but you imply it is no longer active. Even if your lease has terminated, the operator has other valid leases and may still drill and exploratory well. In that case the operator will likely seek a new lease from you or attempt to get you to modify the terms of your lease, re-activating it. In either case you will be in a good negotiating position.

This map shows the new leases (orange pies) in the area in the last 12 months. Moss Creek leased many of these.

Donald, Our lease was effective until 2/8/2022. It was with Continental Land Resources. J Cleo Thompson and James Cleo Thompson Jr. was the holder of our oil and gas lease. They did not renew after the lease expire.

I saw multiple lease memoranda with CGS Operating of Decatur, TX as grantee. They have primary terms ending in early to mid 2024, and 2 year options. You may want to contact CGS. Let me know if you want any additional information on these documents.

Do have any contact information for CGS and who should I contact? Thank you.

CGS is an EOG shell company.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.