Oil Gas and Minerqal Lease N.W. Hill

I am interested in any comments about the situation that has developed. Here is the story:

I was approached by Bruce Enterprises in August 2013 for Vintage Production California regarding our interest as owners of Mineral Interest in Kern County. After much discussion and exchanging paperwork that was signed, notarized and returned to Bruce Enterprises on November 4, 2013, I received more paperwork from Bruce Enterprises indicating there was an error in the original and paperwork had to be re-signed, notariazed, etc.

I requested they send copies to my siblings as it was more efficient than me making copies and sending out for signatures. I heard nothing for a month and I recently emailed this person at Bruce Enterprises and asked about the status since no one had received their paperwork. I was informed that the oil leases offerings were cancelled.

This whole experience was very annoying as they were the ones sending out all the paperwork with errors. I completed and signed and had the original paperwork notarized. Does anybody know anything about this situation and what is going on in Kern County and is anyone familiar with the company Bruce Enterprises.

Judy: I am very familiar with leasing in Kern County and with Vintage Production but am unfamiliar with Bruce Enterprises. Bruce Enterprises is likely a land broker who is working on behalf of Vintage Production, which is a subsidiary of Occidental Petroleum, a multi-national oil and gas company.

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with this lease. Vintage occasionally decides that it is not interested in an area and therefore will pull the leases. Rest assured, however, that this is not a typical case in Kern County. You could contact Onshore Leasing, which is a land broker that typically handles Vintage's leasing program here in Kern. You might ask them about the lease, giving them the legal description of the property, as see if they know anything helpful.

Good luck in finalizing a lease!

Thank you for a reply.