Oil Executive Charged in Duck Deaths

One of the president's Justice Department appointee's apparently chartered a helicopter to find criminal activity in the nation's oil patch. The article and video are here:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/August/Nation-Under-Arrest-Oil-Exec-Charged-in-Duck-Deaths/

They must feel that they have done such a fabulous job of investigating and eliminating all other types of crime that this is the only criminal activity left to go after.

The pathetic ever increasing level of acceptable stupidity within the federal goverment is astonishing to me!

This is really sad and funny at the same time for a wealthy oil man to find out that he is not above it all. Really sad that with an extreme lack of regulation of the oil industry that a politico would go after oil companies for a few ducks.

When the federal government takes their royalty in kind, that's your and my royalty because the government is supposed to holding those lands in trust for us, the oil companies are on the honor system as to how much oil they turn over to the federal government. Oil company....honor system, two things I would not normally put in close proximity. Then some political hack wastes a lot of taxpayer money over a few ducks, that aren't even on the endangered species list. One side cheats us out of our money and the other side is wasting what they do receive on our behalf or directly from us. Joy.

Wilson,

Not all of the squirrels are in the trees. Some of them work for the Federal Guvment.

Clint Liles

at least this case encountered a judge who called it what it was.

I wasn't sure which one of you guys hit the nail on the head best. RWK's statement definitely covers my sentiments, since I can't imagine letting the "fox" guard the henhouse. From my limited experience and from what we read, Oil Company and Honor don't go together too well; however, I'm definitely in their corner on this one. And, yes Clint, their are a lot more squirrels in Washington than there are in all the trees across the nation. I don't know exactly where this Judge was from; but, I'm sure glad this case didn't go before a judge in New Your or New Jersey as well as a few others.

This is still the statement of the day, taken right out of this article!

Brigham calls the way the feds have targeted him and tried to put him away un-American.

"We're being attacked by our own government," he charged. "And it is startling and it is frightening."

Clint Liles said:

Wilson,

Not all of the squirrels are in the trees. Some of them work for the Federal Guvment.

Clint Liles

absurd isn't it. reminds me of another EPA issue, in Michigan I think. A farmer fighting EPA's efforts to punish him because a drone camera shows his cows are crapping in the creek too much. It's been a while since it hit the news and was in a pretty high court then.

bizarro world has materialized IMO and DOJ is too often proof by itself.