Oil and gas payment

Has anyone got any info on sections 2&11 township 2south Range3 west Carter county

Echo has pending cases at the OCC for horizontal well(s). If you are a mineral owner, you should have a pile of paperwork from the attorney for Echo. It tells you what is about to happen.

1 Like

Make sure your name is on file. If there was a probate, that needs to be on file as well. https://okcountyrecords.com/search/carter#advanced-search

1 Like

I just got a letter from Oklahoma Mineral Rights Owner Registry to pay $42 fee. My Echo paperwork dates back to 5/2018. There also showing no inheritance info please update. I’ve gotten checks from Linn and a 1099 form in the past.

The official repository of mineral owner’s information is the County Clerk’s office. So I do not pay the Owner Registry fee. Did a long time ago until I figured out it wasn’t worth it for me.

The Echo paperwork will make its way through the OCC or some other operator may step in. Just takes time.

1 Like

I got a call from a guy in Fort WorthTx wanting to lease my rights but he never called me back. Carter County has all my paperwork from when my Daddy died in 2011. Everything went pretty smooth. Now I can’t get anyone to call me back from Echo or the guy from Ft Worth. I’ll keep hanging in there. My patience are running short. Thanks

There’s nothing official at all about that " Mineral Rights Owner Registry " is there? I’ve thought of it as just a private business taking sucker’s money. Am i right?

1 Like

I don’t see the benefit of the service. The official registry is the County Clerk’s office were the minerals are located. Keep your contact information updated there via a simple affidavit.

1 Like

Oklahoma Mineral Rights is a SCAM of the largest proportions. Praying on the uninformed. I have filed complaints with BBB about them.

2 Likes

I just got off the phone with Carter County clerks and there not even showing me listed nothing.

Important information about this Carter area:

Echo likely won’t be drilling any wells here. I believe they sold this acreage to Continental due to the assignment recorded on June 7th 2019. If you want to lease now and be done with it, by all means lease now. If you want to ensure you get the best price for your lease, my personal advice would be to wait until Continental comes calling or elect at Pooling as Echo has some pretty interesting options available.

Also, since Continental has purchased this acreage, it would not surprise me if the mineral buyers start going wild in this area too.

Did you try. Carter County | OKCountyRecords.com | County Clerk Public Land Records for Oklahoma Check various spellings. If you inherited the minerals there are steps needed to get them put in your name. If you like I can post the Oklahoma Probate Options.

1 Like

I tried the only thing I know for certain is when my daddy died in 10/2011 I received something in the mail from Linn Energy. I filled out there requested paperwork including Death certificate, affidavit of heir and other requirements Linn Energy asked for. Shortly after that I started receiving oilGas royalty checks ,reports on monthly barrel count. At the end of every tax year I received a 1099-royalties (?) document where I/they paid Oklahoma state and Carter County taxes. After Linn Energy started filing bankruptcy I received a final check. After that attempts to reach said company went un-answered.

You probably need to file the affidavit of heirship and death certificate at the county level. Linn accepted it, but the official record of title resides at the county clerk’s office and Linn would not have filed it for you. Richard is knowledgeable about the probate rules.

Your Linn wells were transferred to Scout Energy Management of Dallas, TX in April of 2018.

You might try contacting them here:

1 Like

Don’t be surprised if the new company requires a probate. An affidavit in heirship does not create “marketable” title unless: 1. The affidavit or recital must state that the decedent died without a will, or if the decedent had a will, that the will was never probated in Oklahoma and a copy of the will is attached to the affidavit or recital, or if the will was probated that the severed mineral interest was omitted from the final decree of the decedent and a copy of the will and final decree is attached to the affidavit or recital;

2. The affidavit or recital must list the names of the decedent’s heirs and their relationship to the decedent;

3. The affidavit or recital must state that the maker is related to the decedent or otherwise has personal knowledge of the facts stated therein;

4. The affidavit or the title transaction that contains the recital must have been recorded for at least ten (10) years in the office of the county clerk in the county in which the real property is located; and

5. During the ten-year period following the recording of the affidavit or the title transaction that contains the recital, no instrument inconsistent with the heirship alleged in the affidavit or recital was filed in the office of the county clerk in the county in which the real property is located.

Therefore, in Oklahoma most companies require a probate. They don’t want to pay an affidavit of heirship claimant only to discovery that he or she was not entitled to the funds–and therefore the company must required to pay the true owner.

Fortunately, many probates in Oklahoma qualify for a simplified process.

1 Like

Daddy didn’t have a will. Linn didn’t file with Carter County correct. I’ll give scout a call in the morning and see what all I need to do. I’ll pass this along to me brother thanks

I have paid to go to the site you listed. My dad, Charles Minter, passed in January, 2019. I don’t have a mineral deed as yet. Any suggestions?
Carter County The S4 T5S R1E S2 SW NW and S4 T5S R1E W2 SW

Probably requires s probate order.

Wish I had known that before paying the $42. I got suckered in.