Oil and Gas man camps

Hello All,

This is not necessarily a direct mineral rights question but directly relates to oil and gas leases. I work in oil and gas and we have been having more accidents, I have a personal theory that a bunch of guys living in a man camp cant be a good idea. I personally would never do it and I don't know why any guy would agree to not get laid from his wife/girl friend for 6 months out of the year. The money is not THAT good. I have been reading articles about life in these places and that these men are taking these jobs because they are desperate (ie high unemployment where ever they now live).

I cant help but wonder if this has a direct effect on not being in the moment on job tasks.

There are inherent risks involved in the line of work. Accidents can be caused by fatigue, carelessness, being hung over or intoxicated, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, such as when a blow-out occurs. I would agree that it is not necessarily a mineral rights question, and not necessarily agree that man camps or sexual deprivation cause more accidents. However, you are entitled to your opinions and theories.