Oil and Gas Leasing Attorney References...?

We are receiving bids and are negotiating to re-lease our minerals in Mountrail Co. Our current lease expires in April and we have no well though there are wells going in all around us. We will want an Attorney to review the lease or write the lease.

Does anyone have an Attorney specializing in Oil & Gas Leasing that they would highly recommend? Please don't respond if you are an Attorney. I want land or mineral owner responses please.

Thanks You!

I recommend John Petrik with the Vogel Law Firm in Bismarck. The firm is one of the only that is representing landowners in ND. They also have a female attorney working in Williston. Good luck

When I and my brother were searching for a lawyer John Petrik impressed me on the phone and I wanted him to represent us and I asked them to send me a representation agreement and we would send the retainer, all agreed. Then I was informed that John Petrik was too busy to handle my case. We were handed off to W. Todd Haggart, who turned out to be not even able to understand what the case was about, although Mr. Petrik understood immediately. I had explained to Mr. Petrik that I had two leases that I had never been paid a signing bonus as agreed and I wished the leases recinded/cancelled. W. Todd Haggart couldn't understand when I explained it to him, or he is just a shyster wanting to get paid for nothing, saying he could secure the lease bonus for me. I had to explain to him that I was not hiring someone to do that for me as I had already received an offer from at least one lessee that they would pay me 30 times the lease bonus and 2% more royalty, that they would fly somone out to hand me cash, if I would sign a ratification of the lease. John J. Petrik impressed me, I suggest that if you hire him, do not let them hand you off to someone else.

jody kuntz said:

I recommend John Petrik with the Vogel Law Firm in Bismarck. The firm is one of the only that is representing landowners in ND. They also have a female attorney working in Williston. Good luck

Dave Hermanson in Williston has been my go to attorney for my North Dakota mineral leases. He is efficient and it is rare that I call and am not able to speak to eith him or his secretary. Very pleased.