Oil and Gas Leases - Fair Market Value? - Washington County, TX

I saw that but I don’t know what it means. Explain it to me.

DJG said:

Took a look at that original 1995 well at this location Don.

Austin Chalk horizontal completion at 12,055'. IP of just under 5 mmcfd/gas and 100 BOE/Condensate.

Enervest must have some interesting information in the well logs to look towards drilling a modern well at this location.

Hey Don, I just joined the discussion a few days ago. I live on Jaeger Rd off of Winedale Rd.

I talked to Bruce Spindler in LaGrange yesterday and he told me that there is going to be a lot of drilling in the area very soon!

Infact the first well is scheduled to go in March 25th, unless there are delays. It is planned to go on the Hodges place (aka Oak Creek Ranch) on Jaeger Rd. Which is due South of Kieke Egg Farm, about a mile.

The oil reps. have also came out to Mr Hodges place and looked for a prospect area.

There was a well in this area back in the 70's, but the company was a independent and went bankrupt before getting to the oil.

He also said there is going to be a second well going in as well, but he did not tell me the exact location. I am in on the first well, he said, so I didn't ask many questions about the second. I'm guessing further south of the first well. Meyer Cemetery Rd Area, but I'm guessing!

I have also seen survey markers in the area/intersection of Boundry School Rd,Wickel Rd, Fuch Rd, and Winedale Rd. Not sure yet what they mean?

Brian: It is a small world. I had been following the activity targeting the EagleFord in Fayette County for my nephews. It looks like the drilling in Washington County is still targeting the Chalk. I happen to know Mr. Hodges personally and we are fellow Beefmaster Breeders. I am happy to hear he is getting a well. However, I did not see any drilling permits posted yet. I think this will be near the small community of Greenvine.

Mike, yes, that area is in the triangle of Greenvine, Burton and Round Top where Fayette and Washington County meet up.

Historical note: The first documented use of Natural Gas as a fuel in Texas is said to have taken place right in this same region in 1879, when a local farmer hit a shallow NG reserve while drilling a water well.

http://www.hmdb.org/Marker.asp?Marker=28321

Our own property is located here as well, so it sure would nice to see things start heating up in the region again.

Wow!

It is a small world. Right now I am sitting in Pflugerville chatting with you. Still Work at PFD.

Just thought of something else, is Don Stevens the same Don from Lago?

My property boarders Hodges. I'm right across the road from his place. I got into the edge of the lease. We have 55 acres. (Jaeger-Witte Cemetery is closest land mark, 300ft from my house) I use to show cattle for Charles back in the day, and worked for him on his Ranch. (I still sale hay to him. My Dad feeds his cattle now.)

Keep me informed if you find out anything more. I am new to all of this, but learning as much as i can quickly! We are 4 miles, by road, from Greenvine.

It's good to hear from you.
Mike Igau said:

Brian: It is a small world. I had been following the activity targeting the EagleFord in Fayette County for my nephews. It looks like the drilling in Washington County is still targeting the Chalk. I happen to know Mr. Hodges personally and we are fellow Beefmaster Breeders. I am happy to hear he is getting a well. However, I did not see any drilling permits posted yet. I think this will be near the small community of Greenvine.

Wow, I drive by that marker 8-12 times a week, grew up in the area, and never noticed it till now!

DJG, where is you place?

DJG said:

Mike, yes, that area is in the triangle of Greenvine, Burton and Round Top where Fayette and Washington County meet up.

Historical note: The first documented use of Natural Gas as a fuel in Texas is said to have taken place right in this same region in 1879, when a local farmer hit a shallow NG reserve while drilling a water well.

http://www.hmdb.org/Marker.asp?Marker=28321

Our own property is located here as well, so it sure would nice to see things start heating up in the region again.

Brian,

Sent you a friend request to your inbox. My contact details are in that message. Give me a shout over the weekend and we can compare notes.

Look forward to chatting with you.

D

Got word today, Surveyers coming next week to survey the area, including my property. May catch the corner of our property, but its gunna be close! I'm guessing after the survey is done the permit will be issued? (That makes sence to me.)

We shall see!

Got word yesterday that Enervest is going to be drilling on the Hodges place (aka Oak Creek Ranch) on Jaeger Rd. Reps from the oil company came out to comfirm the survey location yesterday morning. (It’s approx 1 mile south of Kiekes Egg Farm.) They are still looking at a start date of March 25th. Survey crews are still working the lease area and plan to be for the next few days.

Let's hope this one comes in strong.

FYI, Enervest has had some recent success with their Austin Chalk wells in the mid-Southern section of Fayette Co. I.E. their Flying Kite well that came in at 660 barrels of oil/day on a pretty conservative/restricted choke rate.

Wow! Lets hope!

Can you help me look up records on a well? I've been searching and can't seem to find anything on the Dillingham well production. It's approx 2 miles west of where this well is going in. it's still in Washington County. I was able to find location and dept records, but could not find production. I think it was drilled around 1994.
DJG said:

Let's hope this one comes in strong.

FYI, Enervest has had some recent success with their Austin Chalk wells in the mid-Southern section of Fayette Co. I.E. their Flying Kite well that came in at 660 barrels of oil/day on a pretty conservative/restricted choke rate.

Hey Brian,

I had previously researched that Dillingham well also, as it is only about 2-3 miles from our own place.

Completion report is in the attached file.

The well was completed in the Austin Chalk back in '95 at around 12,000' deep.

Came on relatively well at 6.52 Million CF/Gas and 113 Barrels of Oil/Condensate per day in the intitial test report, but pretty quick decline.

Still producing in modest quantities at about 70,000 CFD and 10 BOE/day.

To date there has been about 1.4 Billion CF of gas produced and only about 16,000 BOE/Condensate.

To me, it does show that we definately do have both Gas and Condensate in our immediate area.

The questions in my mind are what kind of improved production rates we might see once a new well is drilled in the area with more modern completion and fracturing techniques implemented.

I am also very curious as to what prospects might be lurking below the Austin Chalk in the deeper Eagle Ford, Buda and Edwards formations that lie deeper.

Time will tell, I guess.

3069-EvervestDillinghamUnit12.5milesWestofTA.pdf (4.77 MB) 3070-DillinghamUnit.docx (49.8 KB)

Permit was submitted yesterday for Enervest's Hodges-Druckhammer 1-H well for this area near us all in NW Washington County.

Permit Application and the location platt are in the attached files.

Will be interesting to see how this one shapes up.

3067-HodgesDruckhammer.pdf (8.85 KB) 3068-HodgesDruckhammerPlatt.jpg (555 KB)

DJG-

Thanks for keeping us all informed.

They actually started on the pad for this well this past Sunday. They moved it further north to the Chapman property, due to safe distance from Mr Hodges structures.

I have heard, from the property owner, that the geologist are reporting that they expect this to be a good well with the new technology. We shall see.

We are located at 2502 and 389. Anyone aware of activity in that part of Washington county?