Oil and Gas Lease Lawyer

Hi, we have mineral rights in Dawson and currently have a lease offer. Does anyone have the name of a good lawyer in Montana that will look over our oil and gas lease and represent our rights as the mineral rights owner? It seems like a lot of the lawyers represent the oil companies rather than the mineral rights owner. Thanks, Kristi

Hi Kristi. I have mineral rights in Richland Co and got a phone offer from Transcontinent today. I plan to have Donald Netzer review the lease for me when I receive it. He is in Sidney and can be reached at (406) 433-5511. He is handling a probate action for me and has done a good job, reasonable price. Good luck!

Thanks Lou Anne, I appreciate the referral. We also have mineral rights that we have leased in Richland if you want to share stories. Kristi

Lou Anne Gillson said:

Hi Kristi. I have mineral rights in Richland Co and got a phone offer from Transcontinent today. I plan to have Donald Netzer review the lease for me when I receive it. He is in Sidney and can be reached at (406) 433-5511. He is handling a probate action for me and has done a good job, reasonable price. Good luck!

Of course I would like to share....that's the purpose of this forum. Transcontinent offered $400/acre, 3/16th royalty, 3 year term. This is for 320 acres in Section 14: W1/2, 22N, 55E. I asked for a higher royalty but he said no can do but did agree to a pugh clause. I am inclined not to agree.

We also have another lease due to expire in Oct 2012. It is for 1600 acres in Sections 7 E1/2, 8, and 9, 22N 56E. The terms for that one were $150/acre, 3/16th, 3 year term. I can't wait for that one to expire and hope no drilling takes place before then. I can see the prices have gone up in just 21/2 years. I don't want to be greedy but I think my family has just signed leases for years without realizing the value. When I have to pay $3.00 plus for a gallon of gas, hear of record oil company profits and the little bit of taxes they pay, makes me think us owners should get more. It is our oil after all!

Kristi Gray said:

Thanks Lou Anne, I appreciate the referral. We also have mineral rights that we have leased in Richland if you want to share stories. Kristi

Lou Anne Gillson said:

Let me know if you still need someone......