Oil and Gas Lease Bonuses

I have an offer of $1,250 bonus and 1/4th royalty for my acreage in McClain Co. I know that Native Exploration has drilled a large gas well in the county. Curious what the average and highest bonus is right now.

I also have an offer of $1,200 ac. 3/16ths RI in McClain County.

Your Section,Township and Range are important for each of those offers. Offers vary by geology and location. Please add them to your notes above. Without the locations, the offers don’t mean much compared to each other.

Thank you for the reminder. On September 27, 2023 I received an offer of $1,200 ac., 3/16ths RI to lease mineral rights in McClain County, Section 4 T7N R3 W

Personally, I always ask for the 1/5th and 1/4th offer in McClain as I prefer a higher royalty. Quite a few companies are leasing in that township. The clauses in the lease are more important to me. The draft lease by the agent is not usually in the mineral owner’s favor and needs significant improvement. Investing in a good oil and gas attorney to review the lease and make edits can more than pay for itself in the long run. I also don’t mind pooling if I cannot get a good lease.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.