Oil and gas lawyers out of state

Hi everyone. I have a question that I need help with. I have mineral rights in Gaines county and have been approached by Lumberjack about leasing. They were quick to agree to my first counter-offer but I have a few more things to change before I sign off. I learned from this site about not allowing them the unlimited water usage and a few other things, but I think I need to find a lawyer to clear up some other items i.e. my paying for all of the hauling away and processing of whatever they may find. I live in Washington State and don't know how to go about finding a local expert. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Barton,

From what I understand about Lumberjack Energy they are not an E & P(Exploration and Production) company. They are a land broker services company. They lease your land on the cheap and then flip your lease to a company that actually drills and they make big bucks on the sale of your lease.

Also as far as I can tell they are not a 'leasing agent' for a reputable oil and gas company.

If these were my minerals I would rather lease to an oil and gas company or a 'leasing agent' working for an oil and gas company.

Be Careful who you lease to or with........

I suggest you get in touch with Attorney Wade Caldwell/San Antonio Texas. He is a major contributor to this Forum and well respected by Forum Members that have used his services.

http://beclaw.com/attorney.php?pg=g-wade-caldwell

Clint Liles

Clint,

Thanks for the information. I will keep Mr. Caldwell's name in mind for the future but your reply has answered a lot of questions that I had. I think I'll just hold on to the rights for the time being.

Bart Franklin

Hi Barton -

Clint is correct in that Lumberjack is a Land Services Company, but Land Services Companies do not typically "flip" leases for profit. They may simply contracted to negotiate leases in an area for an E&P Company.

Ask them who or request that the client company get in touch with you directly.

Better yet, hire Wade Caldwell to negotiate your lease for you.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas