Oil and Gas Activity in Jackson county

My family owns Mineral Interests in Jackson County. The property is described as follows;

"All of Lots 36 and 37 in the Lander & Pickering Subdivision of the Patrick Scott League, Abstract No. 69, Jackson County, Texas, except 40 acres out of Lot 37, described in an assignment from Gulfboard Oil Corporation to Donald W. Moore, et al, dated May 17, 1939 in Jackson County, Texas."

Looking at the RRC Map there does not appear to be anything happening in this vicinity, but that maybe due to my inexperience in working the Map. Does anyone know of any work being done in Jackson County or is the area played out?

I am not sure of your Lander & Pickering Subdivision, But Jackson County in General very slow last several years since attention to Eagle Ford Shale began. Good Luck

Thank you. I found a link to a map in the Eagle Ford Shale Group that shows how the formation runs through the counties north of Jackson County.

Kenneth Wayne McElveen said:

I am not sure of your Lander & Pickering Subdivision, But Jackson County in General very slow last several years since attention to Eagle Ford Shale began. Good Luck

Have just received a lease offer inquiry. $150.00 per acre, 20% Royalty for a 3 year (paid-up) lease. Say inquiry because they in their letter they indicate they will contact us by phone in the near future. (P. Scott Survey, A-69, N. La Ward Field Area.) 120 acre track was last leased in 2006. 40 acre unit produced through the third quarter of 2015, no royalty revenue booked this year. Just to let you know there is apparently some interest in Jackson County.