Oil and Gas Activity in Fisher county TX

I got a an email stating there mineral rights for sale in Francis county under Strickland. Is this for real. 40 acres.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

It would be more helpful if you would add the state. This Category covers the whole country.

Fisher county, Texas.

Did you get an offer to buy your minerals? The offer may be real but whether or not it would be wise to accept it is another issue. What exactly are you asking?

Sorry asking if this is real? They want to know if I want to lease or sale the acres. Back in 1932 the land was purchase. By M W Strickland my great great grandfather. I am trying find out if this is a scam. Guy who called me is wade Clark. I have all the original warrants and deeds to the land.

Ask lots of questions on the forum. Find out if there is production on the minerals now, what is planned for the future as well. Folks that offer to buy are pretty sure they are going to make a profit off of you, so proceed carefully. Most offers I have received have been rather low on my lands compared to the activity that was coming. I would much rather lease than sell.

I think that depends on what the location of the acreage is in Fisher. There is an old play that people are trying to redevelop.

I got an offer to buy 20 acres in fisher county for $2250 an acre.

Haven’t responded yet to a $2250 per acre offer on 20 acres in fisher county. Not sure if it is a good price. I might wait for a lease offer one day.

what is your legal description?

West half W/2 of section 59 block 2. Thanks

Thats pretty close to some new development under 1/2 mile to the west of the minerals you own. I have no idea if the play works any further out but if that HZ well works from Browning then yours property will be worth more than they are offering. On the flipside if the well isnt as good then the offer they are making is fairly aggressive.