Oil and gas activities?

Morning everyone, I’m just wondering if anyone has seen any activity in sec 30 & 31 T10N R08W or surrounding areas. I am grateful for any response. Have a blessed day.

TPR had planned a horizontal well in 31 going into 30 back in 2019. It was dismissed. Citizen had OCC cases over in section 36 in 2019 & 2020. Scattering of horizontal permits over the last four years in 3, 13, 17, 18, 25, 32, 33. Completions in 10, 13, 15, 17, 18, 25, 26, 32, 33.

I am glad this question came up about Grady County. We have been approached by a buyer about our interests in 14-6N-5W which makes us think something is about to happen there but we are unaware of any new activity. Has anyone heard about new wells/production plans for this area? Our records show we have a lease with Bays Exploration but the Barnett well has not produced much in a while. Does Bays intend to rework this area?

14-6N-5W- Casillas is planning on drilling three more horizontal wells in that section plus the proposed horizontal well. They just filed the paperwork on 3/31/22, so you might get in the mail shortly. I usually get a flurry of offers right after an increased density case gets filed. Make sure that your name and address are properly filed in the Grady County courthouse so that you get the OCC mailings. The hearing for the wells is scheduled for May 2, 2022.

As usual Martha, you are spot on. We received the OCC notice yesterday after we posted our message. So now the question is whether our interests are all ready HBP with Bays Explorations and would we see any benefit from Casillas operations if they do proceed. Wish we had a copy of the original lease which we assume was done long time ago. Looks like we need to do more digging. Thanks

You would most likely see benefit from new horizontal wells versus old vertical wells. You may already be held by production if you have old leases with no depth clauses. You might be held by old poolings which may be open at other levels for new reservoirs. Most of the “offers to buy” that I have received lately have been far below the probable returns from the new horizontal drilling. They intend to make a profit off of me and I would rather have it.

Pat,
Grady County records are on-line via the Internet. I think the on-line version goes back to early 1990’s. Once found just print it off for $1 per page. If you need to go back more just pay a visit to the County Clerks office. They usually have time to help you find your lease. If you have some idea of the years(s) signed(filed) it really helps.

Yes, you and our attorney (as well as all the other well informed people on this site) are always saying that if there is an offer to purchase then there is a good chance a new well and production are in the works. Why let someone else have the new found revenues that we are entitled to. Agreed. But let me be sure I understand the Held By Production (HBP) bit. Even if we are theoretically HBP with an old barely producing well at the Simpson formation we could benefit from the new operations at the Woodford which is about 2000 ft above the Simpson. Like I said before I wish we had that original lease. I am not certain who entered into the lease or when it was done so not sure how I would do research at Grady county clerks records. I know Sunoco sent us a Division Order back in 2001 and Barnett well was completed in 1979 so maybe this is where I should start. This is getting interesting…

You know the STP and you have some dates… Hopefully you have some idea who signed the lease — maybe the last name of a relative?

meant STR in above post

Thank y’all for the super info. As usual the folks here the best humans I know! True leaders! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Pat, If you are held by an old lease that covers all depths, then the new wells will be subject to that lease. Some of us are stuck with old 1/8th leases, but an 1/8th lease on a really good well is still nice money. And liable to be quite nice. An old vertical well may only have 10-50 feet of perforations. The new multi unit horizontals can have about 10,000’ of perforations!

If the original well was held by a pooling, that is usually only for one-three reservoir zones and anything else above or below is open for leasing or pooling again. You can ask Bays Exploration for a copy of the original lease or the number of the pooling. Contact the Division Order department. Sometimes, they can put their hands on it easily and sometimes it is deep in their storage files offsite.

If I may contribute; I was able to go into https://okcountyrecords.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page you will see “Images” from there you have to purchase tokens and/or pay $1 a page. I paid the $1 for each page and I took a screenshot. This is where I found leases and deeds going back to the early 1930’s. It is tedious and was worth scouring for them. After a while, you get used to what they might look like (images are blurry until you pay) Good luck and if you need help I have some time!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.