Oil activity on my land?

I am seeking information on the E.A. Wise Survey A-315 in San Augustine County Texas. We received a lease offer on this property in 2019 but didn’t sign anything. There were a number of errors in the paperwork and the terms weren’t agreeable. We never heard from the lease company again. It was Ted W. Walters & Associates, and we were told that BP was planning to drill. We have begun receiving offers to purchase our interest in this section and I am wondering if there are well permits for this section that have been approved.

I see nothing happening in or around that area at this time. MK

Danna

Last November Aethon got permits approved for two horizontal Haynesville wells that show proposed laterals extending south to within 2 miles of Abstract 315. RRC isn’t showing anything on spud dates or completions yet.

During 2017-19 BPX and XTO both drilled multiple gas wells in that same general area, 2-3 miles north of your section, that so far have each made 9 to 12 BCF of dry gas. Big numbers. With the strong gas market and ease of access to the Gulf Coast export market more leasing and drilling seems logical. But there have been rumors both Aethon and BP may be trying to sell their position in the Haynesville to concentrate on other areas. It’s doubtful XTO/Exxon would be a potential buyer, so it’s hard to guess who will drive the new activity.

So far this year Aethon has filed the most new drilling permits in San Augustine County, followed at a much lower level by XTO, and with nothing filed by BPX.

1 Like

Back then , something happened, and old Mr Bailey just up and disappeared on us for a while, Are you getting anything from BP ?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.