Oil activity in Township 22 South, Range 32 East, Sections 19, 20, 21, 28, 29 & 30

Fair enough.

I have seen it from the operator or buyer side of the equation. True, nobody is going to know your genealogy like you. But it’s just numbers and experience. The Permian is getting overrun with landmen, who are leaving few (significant) stones unturned. Examples to the contrary aside, an army of a zillion landmen, running title to the MOR or Division order level (i.e. 100% ownership), everywhere in the core of the basin are probably more likely to turn up owners than the lone wife running blind.

You don’t have to look very far on this board to find multiple examples of someone who says “I didn’t know I owned this until somebody called me and made an offer”. Like this thread.

Happy to hear you found something though.

The thing is I had avoided this information from my dad like the plague for the past 60 years. Then in 2013, he asked me to take over for him. I agreed. That is how we got involved, We knew we had 320.

But by doing this research, I can now say that my family homestead 840 acres back in 1913/1915 - by three different relatives.

But NO ONE had done the amount of research as we have done and NO ONE now knows about our minerals than we do. Well and our current attorney.

One more thing. Just because someone is supposed to own minerals in Lea county, unless you do the LEGAL part IN LEA COUNTY, you do not. Just because you probated your parents will in your state means zero to anyone in Lea County UNLESS YOU FILE IT IN COURT.

That last part is really important. Because until you do what ever it takes IN THE LEA COUNTY legal system you don’t have what you think you have UNTIL the Lea County courts say it is true.

So get a good O&G attorney for what ever kind of work needs to be done IN Lea County.

what is the best way to see the various wells on tracts in which we have or at one time had an ORI in Lea County, NM?

Also, where would I find the document that created the ORI?

thanks.

Hi William here is the link to the New Mexico oil conservation division webpage where you can look up your ORI minerals by section, township and range. You would have to go to the Lea County Clerks office to find the original document. Or you could try courthousedirect.com

http://ocdimage.emnrd.state.nm.us/imaging/WellFileCriteria.aspx

Hi Timmyd,

I just saw your post. My siblings and I own some ORRI in Sections 24 and 25 of T21S R34E and S20 of T21S R35E. We are currently negotiating in with an end buyer. So that is fairly close by, though I get the sense that valuations can change from section to section. If you do not mind, what was the price per NRA for the interest you sold? I’d also be interested in knowing who the buyer was if that is something that you able and willing to disclose.

Been gone for awhile we received 13,000 an acre for almost half of our 1% interest. That was last January dont know about now. Good Luck !