Offers to buy when already leased

Why am I receiving offers to buy my minerals when they are already leased? I’m confused and intimidated by all of this oil & gas lease/purchase and don’t dare ask the company offering so I thought I’d turn to some of you for a little help and info.

There are lots of mineral buyers out there who want acreage that they think is valuable. Most of the offers that I get are because there is about to be more drilling. If there is about to be more drilling, then my family is not interested in selling. You can ignore the letter if you have no interest. I put a big X across the letter and put them in my file just for information. Continental Resources has applied to drill the Mike 1-7-6XHW well with sections 6 & 7. The placement of the well on the far east side of the sections implies that they have left room for several infill wells in the future. That is why someone wants to buy them and that is why I would want to keep them. If you have no need to sell, then just sit back and wait…

Thank you for the information. You are always so helpful.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.