Offers to buy minerals in Caddo County

We have rec’d several offers for family mineral rights in. Section 1-8N-9W-Caddo County. Feedback on activity in this section?

Offers to buy generally come when buyers know there is pending activity. Continental Resources has filed for a multi-unit horizontal well in sections 1-12-9N-9W. The placement of the well leaves room for infill wells at a future date. Personally, I hang onto my minerals when I see wells coming.

You should have received the mailings from Continental. If you have not, then you need to contact them immediately. Make sure that your name and address and any title documents are on file with the recorder of needs in the Caddo County courthouse.

1 Like

We rec’d court documents for application to drill from “attorneys for applicant” so I assume recorder of deeds address is ok. Title is another issue (I posted that question to the Ownership and Title category. Yes, we are hanging on, but in the meantime - I’m trying to get organized, get information (do not have any supporting documents other than a check), etc. Any clues are helpful!

@lucy.connell The county clerk’s office is not going to be able to answer permit questions. The OCC wellrecords site is the correct source. https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

If your name and address are correctly filed along with title documents at the county courthouse where the mineral records are located, then you will be notified of any new OCC court cases regarding new activities. At this time, there are no new permits for 1-8N-9W.

However, Continental has cases pending for a multiunit well in 1/12-8N-9W. The hearing date for the pooling is scheduled for 3/12/24. Permits usually come after the pooling. If one is not leased, then they will be pooled and have 20 days in which to answer the pooling.

I have received offers to buy mineral rights in section 2-9N-10W. It hasnt been leased since 2013. (Leased for $1225 an acre).

Are there other offers out there, if so what is the going rate?

My daughter doesn’t want me to sell. She things will start happening after the Presidential election.

Your thoughts please.

Usually, offers to buy come before the drill bit because someone knows something. No promises…

If you have no need to sell, then just sit back and wait to see what happens. And you can pass the minerals on to your family some day.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.