Offers to buy mineral rights

Has anyone received offers to buy your mineral rights in Grady county. Section 35 10N. 6w. ? I have received several unsolicited offers. I know there is a lot of activity going on there now. Any idea what they should be going for now? Thank you Cindy B

I moved this over to Grady County, OK where you will get more feedback. I encourage you to read up on the topic of whether or not to sell. Lots of good comments.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. There is so much information out there. When i pull up the forum, do I just click on anything in Grady county to get information? CindyB

I counted 16 mineral deed sales filed with the Grady County Clerk’s Office in the last 12 months between individuals and LLC’s. It does not count the seven (7) where the LLC turns around and sends the minerals to another LLC. The last several individual sales I looked at ranged from $46,000 to $544,000 (2 sales at that amount). Exact number of acres was not identified in any of the sales I looked at, so I was not able to determine a price per net mineral acre.

Roan Resources just received permission for an increased density drilling of five more Woodford wells in that section. That is why you are getting offers. You should be getting all the massive paperwork that is coming from them. If you are not, then, come back and I can give you the attorney name to get everything straightened out. Personally, when I have five more wells coming, I don’t sell…, but you need to do what is best for your family. Whatever they offered, it is probably just a teaser and too low because they hope you are not informed.

Yes, thank you. I am getting the paperwork from Roan Resources. I have sent a counter offer to a couple of different companies. We will see what happens. I appreciate your information.

CindyB

Does anyone have any experience with using a broker, or third party to help find the best price for selling their mineral rights? I’m not sure if this is necessary, because of the offers coming in. Just need some information on this please.

Thanks Cindy B

A broker is going to charge you a fee. You will have to decide if the fee is worth the uptick in price offered. You do not have to sell everything. You can sell part and keep part if you need money now and want to get the royalties from the future wells as well.

1 Like

HI Cynthia,

You are going about things the right way by reaching out on here. There is a wealth on information on this website and some very helpful people!

Cam

1 Like

As soon as I get a OK probate for my late brothers will, his daughter will be wanting to sell her holdings in 10-5-7. Any ideas on an attorney and the selling rate there? Thanks, Curt Bryan

I leased mine @ 10-5-5 for around $7 earlier this year. There are a few companies ‘fishing’ to buy right now even though it’s leased. I’m sure you will have several inquiries. Good Luck Donna Kooken