Offers on udivided surface interest?

I am part owner of 320 undivided acres in west Howard County. I have surface & minerals. I have 5 new wells that just started producing in April. I am now getting offers for the surface. This land is pretty much dirt/sand not farmland. Why would I be getting offers? Is there something going on or expected in the future? They know the land is undivided!

Lots of surface use including pipelines, electric lines, roads and other ROW. Or use as site for saltwater disposal well instead of an agreement that pays you per bbl injected. Or could be purchasing to get access to water rights. Water is increasingly valuable. Laws vary by state as to rights of undivided surface owner to use surface. What percentage do you own and how many owners. You can reserve water rights from surface sale. Be sure any deed of surface adequately reserves all minerals - not just oil and gas - and also reserves access to the minerals. Legal language is important.

Thank you for your reply. We are not interested in selling as we know we have inherited a very valuable asset. I have been trying to learn all I can & this forum has been my lifeline!! The forum has taught me so much in the past year on the mineral side I was hoping for some insight on the surface side. I believe there are now 8 owners all with different percentages. There are 4 of us that inherited 1/3 of the 320 acres undivided mineral &surface. I‘ve learned to maneuver the rrc but have no idea how to find out about the surface rights.

In law school we are taught that ownership of land is a bundle of sticks. This bundle may include minerals and the rights to use the surface. You can check with land records to determine whether there are any easements, pipeline etc. However, a person squatting or using land can also gain rights thereto even if nothing if filed of record. A Texas attorney should be able to assist you.
If you have Google Earth, the following is an interesting website. http://www.earthpoint.us/TownshipsSearchByDescription.aspx