Offers Garvin County

I own minerals in 22 3N 4W and have been getting offers recently to purchase at the highest price we ever have been offered.

What is going on there? What steps does one go through to assess activity?

I have learned through reading emails from this site how “they” know something is going on long before we do so any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers -

22-3N-4W already has quite a few horizontal wells. There are many mineral buyers out there that are trying to buy up current royalty streams and hope for additional horizontal wells on some of those properties. Continental and Newfield (Encana) have been very active in the area around you in the past. Vista Disposal Solutions just filed for two Salt Water Disposal wells in 22 in May of 2019. That usually indicates someone is planning something nearby since they need to be able to dispose of water in the future.

You can watch for new permits in the section and surrounding sections on the OCC wellrecords site. Test Not sure if they are looking for additional Springer wells in the future. Current wells are Woodford, not sure if there is room for one or two more Woodford wells. Depends upon how efficiently the current wells are draining the area.

I also own minerals in 22-3N-4W and have been getting pretty high offers too. I am a landman, but have not been working this area in quite some time. My colleagues have told me I might want to hold onto this, so I probably will.

That being said, the offers I have received are really high for the area, not sure how they’re able to offer these numbers when looking at production. I need to evaluate the companies who have sent me offers and see if they are legitimate and not a waste of time.

Thank you for your insight. Always valuable.

It sparks a thought at these prices to sell some but really it seems like a roll of the dice. So many variables in one’s financial picture and age to consider.

One salesperson told me activity was moving out of Oklahoma and into Montana. Any validity to that?

Take statements like that with a grain of salt. Maybe some pepper as well…

1 Like

Casallis is drilling/has drilled many wells in this area. However, they don’t appear to be reporting production yet. Some wells have been on for over a year.My best offer has been almost 9K/net min acre.

2 Likes

Richard… Was wondering if your minerals are held by production at 1/8, 3 /16, 1/5 or 1/4 for that 9,000. per acre. Do you mind telling us?

Susie: It looks like you sold 2.5 acres to Echo a couple of years ago. Don’t know whether you still have any interest to sell. I live down the road from you in Bonita Springs. Sometimes wish it would get cold down here so more natural gas would be used- not really. LOL

Todd M Baker

I had offers of 9k/NMA up to 10.5K/NMA. I am leased at a 1/4 royalty.

Looks like Cherry Creek Minerals has been purchasing not far from you.

Also Baseline Minerals and Roaring Fork Minerals.