Offers for mineral rights ? Good or bad?

I have a pretty small claim in a well head that just drilled two new wells. It’s in Karnes County, Texas.

When I say small I mean it’s a minuscule portion of my 20 acres.

Last year offers started rolling in starting in the 100k range, they quickly went up to 500k and this week I got an offer for 830k and another offer for almost 900k.

This is just for the one well head. I am still pooled into another that doesn’t pay out much at all.

For the last few years I have gotten maybe an average of 3K a month off all wells combined, then about a year ago they started to go down rapidly.

In the last 6 months my checks have been substantially lower- like 1.5K and then down to $280.00 last month. Lol.

I don’t live in the area, and even if I did I wouldn’t know who to speak to, but I am wondering if something big is going to happen or is this a windfall I should jump on?

I never received the large payouts at the beginning of the drilling as another family member was in possession of them at that time. I just recently acquired the rights to them and have never seen more than 5K in a month and those months were few and far between.

I wouldn’t consider the acreage as “minuscule” if its producing that type of revenue. However, if you care to give more information on your legal description, someone familiar with Karnes County can tell you what type of activity there may be in your neck of the woods. Good Luck.

1 Like

I do a good amount of work in Karnes. If you can give a legal description, I can likely shed some light on what’s going on with your interest.

1 Like

It’s is the Sprencel B well and I own small portions included in Sprencel A and the Dromgroole B also.