Offer to lease minerals in Angelina County

All:

I have received offers to buy my minerals in southern Angelina County (Huntington area) with the highest offer to buy being $3500/acre. I received a letter this past week from Texas Mineral Buyers stating they would beat any offer to buy my minerals. Obviously I have no interest in selling, but would consider a lease. I reached out to them asking if they would consider a lease and they immediately offered $350/acre @ 1/5 royalty. I feel like they can do better. Any thoughts of if this is a fair deal for this area? I have leased it for $500/acre @ 1/4 royalty in the past. Would like to at least see that.

Thanks,

James Childress

To follow up, with out responding to the initial offer, the guy offered a flat rate of 60K to lease my 186 acres.

Thanks,

James

Our first offer to buy our mineral rights was $5000 an acre. Now they are offering $10,000 an acre.

British Petroleum offered $350/acre to lease and then upped to $500/acre. I think it is low, plus I know there is oil and lignite in this country and I feel they are trying to steal it. Stanley Survey by Youngblood Road, S of Huntington